Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark A. DavisMark A. Davis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark A. DavisMark A. Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a rush to get these thoughts in, am neglecting to read fully pre-prepared comprehensive 8 Strategic Initiatives. I write more than read, learn by doing, KISSweetheart and build it because they will come. There is a trend of duplication and serge of multiply-occurring floods of information, dialogues and webinars. A Sue NAMI. All important to someone and parts of the larger agenda, yet diluted in overwhelming duplication, confusion and chaos. Example: The Voice Awards need to be televised and we can learn from the success of The GLAAD Awards. It would be great to join GLAAD with a MAAD - Media Action Against Discrimination (not to be confused with MADD Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) project that addresses real time discrimination, stigma and abuse in all forms of media, entertainment industry and recording of history in action. Thus, the Voice Awards and a MAAD Initiative can reach beyond honoring ourselves while not allowing discrimination, stigma and media Miss Representation to demean our souls and undo the good work of Mental Health/Addiction/Suicide Prevention Peer/Consumer/Survivor Civil Rights Movement, SAMHSA, States and Localities are doing. SAMHSA can fund The Trevor Project to expand their youth suicide prevention services to include adults and older adults. Media Campaigns and Anti-Stigma Projects reach the choir yet fail to reach communities at-risk and at-large.

Feedback and Knowledge Base