The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

SAMHSA Stakeholder Feedback

I suggest SAMHSA...

Include children's MH as a strategic initiative- we still do not have a natinoal standard of care

Children's MH and establishing a national stgandard of care that is based on systems of care (beyond demonstration projects)

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andres J Pumariega, M.D.Andres J Pumariega, M.D. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andres J Pumariega, M.D.Andres J Pumariega, M.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously this suggestion obtained 11 votes in less than half a day, so there is strong support for it. On the ohter hand, it is sad that SAMHSA, which had been a leader in children's MH back when I was on the National Advisory Council for CMHS (Clinton era), has now left this priority out completely. As a national Latino leader in child MH, it again disappoints me in terms of the Obama Administration's commitment to diverse populations and to our diverse youth, where MH problems are growing exponentially. Please get back to us with how the Administration is going to address these needs. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base