The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

SAMHSA Stakeholder Feedback

What do you think are some of the most noteworthy accomplishments and changes in the behavioral health field over the past several years?

Advent of Positive Psychology--focusing on what the brain does right!

Focusing on what the brain does right promises protocols that highlight and utilize the unique strengths and resiliencies of people who live with mood disorders. Even without modern diagnostic criteria or treatments, Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill were extraordinary leaders. Focusing on mental "illness" perpetuates negative stereotypes and stigma. Reframing the mental health conversation through the positive psychology lens will shift our thinking and our minds.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lucinda JewellLucinda Jewell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Person who many of believe unworthy of human rights.Person who many of believe unworthy of human rights. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would you like to prove there is something my brain does wrong? Or do you just take that for granted in your zeal for this belief system of psychiatry?

I think what you've said above is nothing but hot air. Even LINCOLN is not safe from your beyond the grave baseless claims about 'brain disease'.

The 'mental health conversation' as you call it, is not a conversation at all. It is propaganda 24/7.

Feedback and Knowledge Base