(CLOSED) Seeking topic suggestions for the 2012 SAMHSA Advisory series
SAMHSA would like to get your input on the topics for the 2012 Advisory publication serials. This publication is generally up to eight pages long and we usually develop 3 to 4 per year.
The Advisory serials provide behavioral health professionals with timely information on a broad range of hot topics in the behavioral health field. They also briefly describe new or underused approaches that can improve the quality of treatment for people with behavioral health issues.
Additional input to include groundbreaking studies, promising practices, and the benefits or limitations of a particular treatment modality would be appreciated. The topics should not duplicate information that is also readily available.
As an FYI and to avoid duplication, there are currently several Advisory publications in development or in the pipeline for development:
• Rapid HIV testing and substance abuse treatment facilities
• An intro to pathological & problem gambling for behavioral health providers
• The Role of Biomarkers in the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders (rev.)
• Vivitrol for the treatment of opioid use disorders
• Alcohol use disorders and diabetes
• Dialectical behavioral therapy
Please use this forum to make recommendations and vote on proposed Advisory topics.